Thursday, August 25, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my very first blog! I’ve only been aware of nail art blogs for a little less than a month now, but I’m already so addicted to looking at all of your wonderful posts that I decided to start my own.

First of all, thanks to Hey, Nice Nails! for unwittingly introducing me to this world. I first saw a picture of their Jill Sander sweater-inspired striped nails on AOL, which led me to check out their blog on tumblr. That’s where I caught my first glimpse of water marble nail art and thought, “I have to try that!” They had a picture tutorial, and in their comments they included a link to My Simple Little PleasuresYouTube channel and Colette’s amazing video tutorials. I watched several of her videos that Sunday night and, after much trial and error with my (then) small nail polish stash, I did my very first water marble mani! Of course I had my fair share of mistakes, but overall it turned out way better than I imagined. Sorry the picture’s a little blurry, I took this one with my cell phone and it looked clear on the smaller screen.

Sally Hansen CSM Plum Luck & Iced Coffee


Initially I just became addicted to My Simple Little Pleasures, I couldn’t stop going back and looking through all of her archived posts. I swear I hardly got anything done that first week! I was just admiring her art and techniques and making notes on what products I needed to buy for myself to get my nails looking as good as hers! Then I started checking out some of her favorite blogs, and some of their favorite blogs, and now it’s an addiction that just keeps growing! There’s so much terrific nail art out there that I never even dreamed about a month ago! So many techniques and products that I can’t wait to try! I plan to chronicle my journey here.

And because that picture of my first water marble is pretty God-awful, I just have to share a picture of my second water marble! I did this one just 5 days after my first try, and it’s 1,000 times better! It also helps that I took this picture with my camera.

Sally Hansen CSM Gray by Gray, Pedal to the Metal, HAN Xtreme Wear Gunmetal, Wet Cement, and WnW Gray's Anatomy


So, thank you to everyone who inspired me to start playing around with my own nail art, and now posting my own blog. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Thanks for reading!
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment